Lack of customer support for the Nabi 2 Tablet

Issue not resolved
Update added by user May 19, 2013

In the interest of fairness, and to give the person who replied to my post some hope, I wanted to update my complaint to say that NABI did finally contact me and we have started the RMA process to replace my daughters NABI. It did however take about 6 weeks to hear from them, so I still wouldn't recommend them.

Thank you to Pissed Consumer for giving the consumer a voice!

Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2013

I bought a Nabi 2 tablet for my daughter for Christmas, and at the beginning of April she told me that the headset jack wasn't working.I did some troubleshooting (I work in the computer industry) and even did a factory reset on the unit.

Nothing worked. I tried 3 different ways to contact their tech support, Email, Facebook, and their webform, and they haven't bothered to contact me in a week now.

I had just bought 2 more to give to my other 2 younger daughters, and will be returning them to the store and finding different gifts.Apparently Nabi doesn't care if the kids who have their tablets are happy.

d49f3e6 review #401450
59 Helpful? 77
Had the same issue12 Comments53 Report
Had an experience with NABI?  Submit review about this company
Very unhappy consumer

Aug 17 Simpsonville, South Carolina

I have purchased 3 nabi's for my daughter thinking that the cracked screen was her fault but both nabis that broke did not even fall hard they landed on carpet an on the back at that not on the face of the LCD screen. Now obviously I'm a loyal customer because I've purchased actually 4 including my sons nabi jr. I am very unhappy because do the math 230 x 3 isn't cheap to be buying two broken after not even a year and one working as the replacement now. I have had to tell this story several times because I am getting no repsonse on this and I want to know what Nabi can do for me because I have two broken nabis that are in perfect condition other then the screen. This is a childs toy that is supposed to hold up to being dropped even once and this was the first time she ever dropped them and I dunno what to do.

May 20

My sons nabi jr just suddenly stopped charging and turning on. Going to call them tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a nightmare.

charmain

Apr 28

So my child's nabi 2 just turned off while she was playing a game and wouldnt turn back on so I called the number that they put in the nabi box it came in which is easy to remember 1-855-ASK-NABI I talked to nice lady and she was very helpful. She sent me an email within 5 minutes after hanging up the phone with instructions on how to send my nabi back for a replacement so hopefully it won't take long to get a replacement. That's one thing my kids hate sharing. And she said they were in the process of moving to a bigger factory so before you send in for a replacement make sure on have the right address which is Fremont, Ca

charmain

Apr 28

OK so I just had a problem with one of my child's nabi2 where the screen just went crazy so to turn it off I had to press and hold both the down volume button and the power button at the same time to shut it off. I waited about 5 minutes and turned it back on and had to do a factory reset. Since the factory reset I have had no problems. Hope this helps!!!

Highly Agravated Customer

Feb 28 Riverview, Florida

Nabi Care is all you hear on there webpage, facebook and when yoiu call. Well nabi doesnt freaking care. They lied to youwhen you call about the tablet you send in for repairs. These are little kids we are talking about that do not have great patience or attention spans. I sent my nabi in 4 weeks ago and 2 weeks ago they recieved it, I was promised it back in a few days. 1 to 2 for repair and 3-5 for shipping. Thats 7 days at most. Here we are 8 working days and ALL OF A SUDDEN they are on back order till then have no idea when. BULL!!!!!!! If they are backorder they should be flooded in the stores. When you call to talk to someone it took 5 different individuals to tell me about the back order and what are they going to do to make it right, NOTHING! I should have gone with Apple and paid there tablet price. at least I would get great customer service. LESSON LEARNED FOR KNOCK OFFS.

upset customer

Feb 25 Miami, Florida

i bought an nabi xd and it was defective. I had to pay to ship it back OVER 25.00 and then they shipped me a new one that wouldn't even turn on. Its been a little ridiculous really and their customer service is not that great! To get a refund has been a process in itself and then they want to charge me a restocking fee. Get out of here i am awaiting a manager now! never again. Im going to safe route and getting m chold an i pad

Dec 19, 2013

:cry I bought my grandson a Nabi for Christmas last year. The screen was dead in 2 months. Unfortunately, I was stuck because the receipt was misplaced. 200 bucks down the drain. Tried searching for repair or replacement screen and decided by the time I spent money in repairs It would be less trouble to buy him a Kindle. I do not recommend nabi

me

Dec 19, 2013

To all the people looking for a replacement charger...just get on amazon and you can purchase one for about $12. its not a "brand" charger but works perfect. Just type in "charger for nabi 2" and voila! No need to get frustrated :)

roxy

Dec 16, 2013

my sons tablet only lasted him a month before the lcd screen broke ,and apparently these tablets are made for falls ,but my sons fell from my bed unto my carpet floor and there went the lcd screen. Very upset with this product absolutely no worth the 230.00 plus 60.00 for replacement screen on nabi 2 !!

nabi cares house number

Nov 29, 2013

I want to find house nabi cares phone number

Nov 24, 2013

Nov 22, 2013

I want green digitizer

jack

Nov 16, 2013

this is the worst tablet ever do not buy it
the people who work for this company are heartless dicks

Dec 19, 2013

Exactly. Nabi does not care that these kids hearts are broken. The whole reason I bought the nabi was because of durability that it represented.
Buy Kindle :roll

Kia

Nov 05, 2013 Hyattsville, Maryland

I found this site because I was just about to complain about my son's Nabi 2. I was having problems downloading apps that are already on the tablet. I got frustrated because I couldn't find a number online for them anywhere. Then I found a little card in the box with the tech support number on it. I do think they should put it on their website but the number is 1(855)275-6224. The man I spoke with was actually pretty helpful. I hope this helps someone.

jack

Dec 02, 2013

Thanks 4 the info
I spent hours trying to find a contact number on search engine Your info was great my 8 year old was very thankful for info also.

1-20 of 53 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about NABI.
Filing a new complaint about
×